The Federal University Otuoke invites applications from interested candidates for…
SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE
Click for details
Welcome tO FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OTUOKE
The Federal University Otuoke (FUO), is one of nine new Federal Universities established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in February 2011.
Located in the heart of the oil-rich Niger-Delta Region of Bayelsa State, the University which is 21 kilometres South of the State capital of Yenagoa, occupies an expanse of 200 hectares (494 acres) in the Ijaw town of Otuoke.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You are encouraged to pose questions, as they may become FAQs
Otuoke is about 27 kilometers south of Yenagoa, the capital of Bayelsa State, which itself is about 100 kilometers west of Port Harcourt in Rivers State.
Yes, classes for its 282 pioneer students (97 Females, 185 Males; of which 142 are in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences and 140 are in the Faculty of Science and Engineering) started in October 2012. The second set of students may be called in soon.
- Management Science
- Social Science
- Apply to the institution through JAMB as First Choice or Second Choice, and choose a course for each choice,
- Take and pass the JAMB UTME (score >= 180 at this time)
- Pass the university’s Post-UTME (average of UTME and Post-UTME > 180)
- Get admitted under one of the criteria of Merit (45% of placements), Catchment Area/Locality (35%) and ELDS (Educationally Less Developed States; 20%)
- Pass WAEC/NECO/Equivalent related subjects, particularly English and Mathematics.