Arugu, Love Obiani
Department of Social Sciences – Political Science/ Strategic Studies Unit,
Faculty Of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Introduction to Political Science,
- Nigerian Constitutional Development,
- Organization of Government: The Citizen and the State,
- Law and Politics in Nigeria,
- Political Ideas and Ideologies,
- Nigerian Government and Politics,
- Introduction to Local Government Administration,
- Introduction to International Relations,
- Politics and Law in Africa,
- Local Government and Rural Development,
- Introduction to Comparative Politics,
- Public Policy Analysis,
- Public Administration in Nigeria,
- Gender, Human Rights, Environmental Security and Peace in Nigeria (GES)
Email: [email protected]
- Sustainable development in third world countries with reference to Niger- Delta, Nigeria
- Local Government and Administration
- Nigeria Politics and Political Organisation
- University of Lagos. 2000-2006 Ph. D Public Administration with specialization in Local Government Administration and Environmental Management.
- University of Lagos. 1986-1988 Masters Degree in International Relations and Public Administration MSc.
- University of Lagos. 1981-1984 B.A(HONS) History
- 2006- 2010 Senior Lecturer/ Co- ordinator, University Of Calabar (Distant learning programme)
- 2006-2008 Senior Lecturer, Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON), Badagry.
- 2000-2006, Lecturer, University of Calabar, Calabar.
- 1993-1994 Business Manager, Crystal Industrial Company Limited, Industrial layout Ilupeju, Lagos
- 1989- 1990, Administrative Manager, GKJ Amachree Ogbemi & Company, Marine Road, Apapa.
- 1985-1989,Trainee Officer, Bank of Credit and Commerce, Apapa, Lagos.
- 1984- 1985, Nigeria Ports Authority, Marina, Lagos State, NYSC: Industrial Relation Officer Under Industrial Relation Department.
Professional And Honorary Society Membership(s)
- Member, Editorial and Policy Board, International Standard Research Publishing, United Kingdom.
- Director, Directorate, Par Excellence Centre: South-South Geo Political Zone of Nigeria International Institute for Policy Review and Development Strategies.
- Member, International Research Working/ Stakeholder Committee- International Institute for Policy Review and Development Strategies.
- Member, Research Working Group- African Research Council on Sustainable Development International Institute for Policy Review and Development Strategies.
- Chairman, Professional Committee for the Appointment of Fellows, Associates & Members of the International Institute for Policy Review and Development Strategies.
- Member, Research and Development Network International Research and Development Institute.
- League of International Scientific Researchers, United Kingdom.
- Professional Council of African Scientific Researcher Experts, United Kingdom.
- Member, Nigeria Political Science Association (MNPSA).
- Fellow, Institute of Corporate Administration (FICA).
- Member, Institute of Personnel Management (MCIPM).
- Member, National Economic and Educational Development.
- Member, Society for Peace Studies and Practices (SPSP).
Major Recognitions and Honour(s)
- Distinguished Leadership in National Development Gold Award, Higher Education and Community Development Category.
- African Leadership for Legacy National Award.
- International Research Conference on Sustainable Development at University of Ibadan, 8th-9th November, 2012
- First International Conference on Research and Sustainable Development at Nasarawa State University, Feb. 5th-8th ,2013
- International Conference on Policy Review & Development Strategies at University of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu, Nigeria, 2nd-3rd May,2013
- 2nd Annual International Social and Management Sciences Conference at Kaduna State University, 25th -27th March, 2013
- International Conference on Research, Innovations and Sustainable Development at Conference Hall, Hotel Resident Carlos Buea, South West Region, Cameroon, March 11-14, 2013
- International Conference on Scientific and Cultural Innovations For Sustainable Development, held at Milklin Hotel, East Legon, Accra, Ghana 23-26 April, 2013
- The 5th International Conference on Financial Criminology at Holiday Inn Glenmarie, Shah Alam, Malaysia 28-29 May, 2013
- Second International Conference on Research and Sustainable Development. 10-13 September, 2013. Multi-purpose Hall, Gombe State University, Gombe, Nigeria.
- Mustang International Academic Conference in Dallas, Texas, October 24th-26th, 2013
- The 14th Asian Academic Accounting Association Parkroyal Penang Resort Penang Malaysia 28th-29th October, 2013
- International Research Conference on Sustainable Development at Federal University Otuoke, Bayelsa State, 6th-8th November, 2013
- Critical Studies in Accounting and Finance Conference Adu Dhabi, United Emirates 15th-17th December, 2013
- International Teacher Education Conference. ITEC 2014. 5-7 Febuary, 2014. Dubai/ UAE.5TH March, 2014
- International Conference on Business and Economic Development (ICBED) New York USA 24TH-2
- 2014 ABRM-IMRA International Conference of Restructuring of the Global Economy (ROGE) Cambrigde- UK 23rd – 24th June, 2014 (summer)
- Nigeria National Conference on Sustainable Development, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria, July 23rd -25th ,2014
- University of Ibadan, Institute of African Studies in collaboration with French Institute for Research in Africa Conference at University of Ibadan, 4th- 6th August, 2014 paper presented ‘Parochial Elites and the Crisis of Cultural Diplomacy in Nigeria (Love O. Arugu & Okoye Anthony. C)
- 3rd African Regional Research Conference on Inclusive and Integrated Development Strategies, University of Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria, 18th-19th September, 2014
- International Peace, Governance & Sustainable Development Conference, International Conference Centre, Nigerian Merit House Complex, Abuja. 2nd-3rd October, 2014
- Nigerian National Strategic Conference on Sustainable Development, University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. 4th-5th December, 2014.
- 2nd Global Conference on Business, Economics, Management & Tourism, Praque Czech Republic 30-31 October, 2014
- Colloquium on Ijaw Genesis, Culture and Inter-Group Relations on the Niger Delta held at Federal University Otuoke, Bayelsa State, 8th-11th June, 2014 paper presented ‘Conflicts and Sustainable Development in Bayelsa of Nigeria’
- Love O. Arugu (2013) ‘Human Rights and Sustainable Development in Niger Delta Region of Nigeria’ The University Advanced Research Journal Issue 9 January-March,2013 pp74-87 ISSN 1119-1825.
- Love O. Arugu (2013) ‘Nigerian Ruling Class and Sustainable Development in the Niger Delta Region’ Social Science & Law Journal of Policy Review & Development Strategies Vol.3, No.2, Feb,2013 ISSN 2315-8387 ISSN 2315-8387.
- Love O. Arugu (2013) ‘Politics and Religion in a Democratic Society’ The University Advanced Research Journal Issue 10, April-June, 2013 ISSN 1119-1825.
- Joseph Oke Omoro & Love O. Arugu 2013 ‘Marxism and the Nigerian State’ Journal of History and International Studies Vol. 1 NO. 1 July, 2013 pp174-185 ISSN 0189-0673.
- Love O. Arugu (2013) ‘Sustainable Development in Niger Delta of Nigeria, A Case of Olodiama Clan- Southern Ijaw Local Government Area of Bayelsa State’ Education and Science Journal of Policy Review & Curriculum Development Vol.3, No.1,2013 ISSN 2315-8424.
- Love O. Arugu (2013) ‘Public Policy and Conflict Management in Niger Delta Region of Nigeria: An Overview’ KASU Journal of Social Sciences Vol.5, No.2, Dec. 2013 ISSN 2141-0860.
- Love O. Arugu 2013 ‘An Appraisal on the Concept of Political / Human Rights and sustainable Development’ Proceedings of Mustang International Academic Conference, Vol.2, Spring 2013, pp 93-97 ISSN 2169-3331.
- Ibaba S. Ibaba & Love O. Arugu (2013) ‘Preventing the Next Insurgency: Highlighting the Risk to Violence in Post-Amnesty Niger Delta’ Niger Delta Research Digest Journal of the Centre for Niger Delta Studies (Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State Nigeria), Vol.7, No.1,2013 pp 32-62 ISSN 2141-1468.
- Love O. Arugu (2013) ‘Oil Multinationals and Community Development: Reflections on SPDC and the Niger Delta’ Niger Delta Research Digest Journal of the Centre for Niger Delta Studies (Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State Nigeria), Vol.7, No.2,December 2013 pp 42-66 ISSN 2141-1468.
- Love O. Arugu 2013 ‘Impact of Parliament on Separation of Powers in Nigeria’ Proceedings of International Conference on Research, Innovation and Sustainable Development Vol. 2, No. 3 pp 168-174.
- Love O. Arugu 2013 ‘Governance Failure, Poverty and Insecurity in the Niger Delta Region of Nigeria’ International Journal of Advancement in Management Science Vol. 3, No. 1, pp 173-184 ISSN 2276-8173.
- Love O. Arugu & Okoye Anthony Chukwuebuka (2013) ‘Local Government and Rural Development in Nigeria: Case Study Bayelsa State, 1999-2014’ Nigerian Journal of Public Administration and Local Government Vol. xvii No.1 January-June, 2013 pp 154-167 ISSN: 0189-8094.
- Love O. Arugu & Famous S. Eseduwo (2014) ‘Poverty and Sustainable Development in Bayelsa State: A Survey of Selected Communities in Southern Ijaw Local Government of Bayelsa State’ International Journal of Advanced Studies in Ecology, Development and Sustainability Vol. 2 No. 1 January, 2014 pp.81-89 ISSN PRINT 2354-4252 ONLINE 2354-4260.
- Kabiru Isa Dandago & Love.O. Arugu (2014) ‘Corruption in Educating Accounting and Finance Students as Root to Financial Crimes in Africa’ International Journal of Academic Research in Progressive Education and Development January (2014) , Vol. 3, No. 1 ISSN: 2226-6348.
- Benjamin Kumai Gugong, Love O. Arugu & Kabiru Isa Dandago (2014) ‘The Impact of Ownership Structure on the Financial Performance of Listed Insurance Firms in Nigeria’ International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences January 2014, Vol. 4, No. 1 pp 409-416 ISSN PRINT 2308-0337 E –ISSN 225-8329.
- Love. O. Arugu (2014) ‘Social Indicators and effects of Marriage Divorce in Africa Societies’ The Business and Management Review International Conference on Business & Economic Development (ICBED) 24-24 March, 2014Vol. 4, No. 4, March 2014 pp 374-383 ISSN 2047-2854.
- Love. O. Arugu & Williams O. Ilori (2014) ‘Managerial Competency in Government Owned organizations: A Comparative Analysis of Gender Differences in Nigeria’ International Journal of Business and Economic Development (IJBED) Vol. 2, No. 1, March 2014 pp 90-101 ISSN PRINT 2051-8486 ONLINE 2051-8498.
- Arugu Love & Okoye Anthony Chukuebuka (2014) ‘Political Parties and Democratic Consolidation in Nigeria, 1999-2014 ’ Journal of Behavioural Sciences and Development Studies Vol. 1, No.1 March 2014 pp 18-35 ISSN 2384-7638.
- Love. O. Arugu & Okoye Anthony Chukuebuka (2014) ‘The Amnesty Programme and Peace Building in the Niger Delta’ Journal of Behavioural Sciences and Development Studies Vol. 1, No.1 March 2014 pp 73-79 ISSN 2384-7638.
- Love. O. Arugu & Kabiru Isa Dandago (2014) ‘ Participatory Democracy and Good Governance in Nigeria ’International Journal of Social Science Research Vol. 3, 2014 pp 34-42 ISSN PRINT 2325-789X ONLINE 2325-7911.
- Love O. Arugu ( 2013) ‘Escaping the ;Poverty Trap in the Niger Delta: Exploring the Role of Education’ Social Science and Law Journal for Policy Review & Development Strategies Vol. 3, No.3 pp104-113.
- Cletus O. Akenbor & Love. O. Arugu (2014) ‘State Government Taxation: Empirical Evidence from Nigeria’ The Business and Management Review International Academic Conference in Dubai (IACD) 20-21st January, 2014 Vol 4. No. 3 pp 63 -71 ISSN 2047-2854.
- Kabiru Isa Dandago & Love. O. Arugu 2014 ‘Corporate Social Responsibility Projects by Transnational Oil Corporation in Nigerian Niger Delta Region: The Experiences of Selected Oil Producing Communities’ Economics World Journal Vol. 2. No. 3, pp152-160 ISSN 2328-7144.
- Love O. Arugu & Anam Bassey (2014) ‘Community Self-Help and Rural Development in Bayelsa State’ International Journal of Comparative Studies in International Relations and Development Vol. 3 No.1, pp 20-32 ISSN PRINT 2354-4298 ONLINE 2354-4201.
- Love. O. Arugu (2014) ‘Education and African Unity’ Journal of Research in National Development Vol 12. No.1 pp 35-14 ISSN 1596-8308.
- Love. O. Arugu & Okoye Anthony (2014) ‘Flood and Population Displacement in Niger Delta Region’ International Journal of Advanced Research in Social Engineering and Development Strategies. Vol. 2, No. 1, pp 1-13 ISSN 2315-8379.
- Love. O. Arugu & Comrade John Kalama (2014) ‘Leadership and The Challenges in Nigeria : An Assessment of President Goodluck Jonathan Ebele Administrative Style. International Journal of Advanced Research in Social Engineering and Development Strategies. Vol. 2, No. 1, pp 1-13 ISSN 2315-8379.
- Damian Mbaegbu & Love O. Arugu (2014) ‘The Relative Effectiveness of Contemporary Training Methods of Nigerian Co-Oporate Organizations (A Study Employees of Commercial Banks in Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria)’. International Journal of Advanced Research in Statistics, Management and Finance, Vol. 2, No. 1 pp 158- 169, ISSN 2315-8409.
- Kabiru Isa Dandago & Love.O. Arugu (2014) ‘Benefits of Controllable Conflicts and Strategies for Conflict Resolution for Sustainable Development in Nigeria International Journal of Advanced Research in Statistics, Management and Finance, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp 170-179, ISSN 2315-8409.
- John N. Aliu, Love. O. Arugu & Prof. Usman Ali Awheela (2014) ‘Effects of Bank Employees’ Performance on The Sustainable Development of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Nigeria’ International Policy Brief Series Education and Science Journal of Policy Review and Curriculum Development, Vol.4, No. 1, pp 333-340 ISSN 2315-8425.
- Love. O. Arugu & Lawrence I. Nweake (2014) ‘Typology of Mentoring Relationship in Nigerian Universities ’ International Journal of Higher Education Management, Vol.1, No.1, pp 100-108 ISSN 2054-9857.
- Kabiru Isa Dandago & Love.O. Arugu (2014) “Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Concerns in Nigeria: A Critical Focus on Oil Producing Communities” Issues in Social and Environmental Accounting Journal Vol. 8, No. 2, 2014 pp 104-115 ISSN 1978-0591 (paper).
- Damian Mbaegbu & Love O. Arugu (2015) ‘The Determinants of Effective Human Resources Training & Development of Strategies in the Down Stream Nigerian Banking Sector (A Study of Selected Microfinance Banks (MFBS) in Owerri Metropolis, Imo State, Nigeria. )’ International Journal of Advanced Studies Business Strategies and Management Vol.3, No.1, Feb.2015,pp. ISSN Hard Print: 2354-4236 ONLINE:2354-4244.
- Love O. Arugu (2015) ‘Related Legislations in Oil Industry and Sustainable Development in Niger’ International Journal of Advanced Studies in Ecology, Development and Sustainability Vol.3, No.1,pp. 98-105 Feb,2015 ISSN HARD PRINT: 2354-4252 ONLINE: 2354-4260.
- Love O. Arugu (2015) Niger ‘Ethnic Nationalism and Militias in Nigeria’ International Journal of Advanced Studies in Ecology, Development and Sustainability Vol.3, No.1,pp. 195-205 Feb,2015 2015 ISSN HARD PRINT: 2354-4252 ONLINE: 2354-4260.