Faculty Of Humanities & Social Sciences
Department Of Social Sciences
- Imo State University Owerri, Owerri,Imo State. 2002-2008. Ph.D (Economics) 2008
- University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria. 1983-1984. M. Sc. (Economics) 1984
- University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria. 1978-1982.B. Sc. (Hons) Economics, Second Class Upper Division 1982
- Bishop Lasbrey Teachers Training College, Owerri, Imo State.1976-1977.Teachers’ Grade II Certificate 1977
- Assistant Research Officer (NYSC) ABU Zaria 1982-1983
- Tutorial Master (Economics) University of Ibadan, Ibadan. 1983-1984
- Consultant INCO NOMINEES LAGOS/PH.
- Special Adviser to the Executive Governor of Imo State on Economic Affairs.
- Vice Chairman, Imo State Planning and Economic Development Commission (ISPEDC).
- CEO Imo State Planning and Economic Development Commission
- Chairman Budgeting, Budget Production and Budget Monitoring.
- Chairman Production of First Imo SEEDS: Imo Tripod Vision: State Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy.
- Chairman Production of Imo State Statistical Year Book (SYB)2006
- Chairman Production: First Imo State medium Term Budget Framework.
- Chairman Production First Abridged version of Imo State Tripod vision SEED.
- Chairman Production First Imo State Fiscal Strategy Document.
- Imo State Focal person for SEEDS benchmarking 2006
- As Imo State planning and economic development committee Nov. 16, 2006 Dec. 17, 2006.
- As special adviser economic affair; member of the committee to worked out the financial involvement and advised on the payment of 7,500Naira minimum wage to workers in Imo State, May 2007.
- As Special Adviser economic affairs, I established and supervised budget monitory and price intelligence.
- Associate Editor Journal of Business and Finance, FBA IMSU, 1995-Date.
- Associate Editor Journal of Economics and Business Sciences. 2006- Date.
- Member Editorial Board Abuja International Journal of Education and Management Science 2010-Date.
- Member Editorial Board Diamond Educational Magazine Abuja 2011-Date.
- Member Editorial Board; African Journal of Social and Behaviourial Sciences
Professional And Honorary Society Memberships
- FCAI ( Fellow of the Institute of Corporate Administration of Nigeria 2005
- CPA (Member of Certified Public Accountants of Nigeria 2006
- ICAN Foundation & PE I (Two out of three level exams.)
- Life Member, Nigeria Economic Society.
- Member, Nigerian Association of Economics
- Fellow, Institute of Corporate Administration of Nigeria.
- Member, Certified Public Accountants of Nigeria
- Member, National Council on Development Planning NCDP (As a Special Adviser on Economic Affair) 2006-2007.
- Member, Nigerian Joint Planning Board JPB(As a Special Adviser on Economic Affair) 2006-2007.
Major Recognitions and Honours
- Nnamocha, P.N and M.A. Ofoma (1995) “Legislative and Regulatory Reforms in the Banking Industry: A Review of the Effects and Implications for further Reforms” Nigerian Journal of Legal Studies, Vol. 1 No 4.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (1995), Economic Growth and Development. A Review of the Concepts”. Journal of Business and Finance Vol.1 No 4.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (1999): Revenue of Local Government in Nigeria, Problems and Prospects in the Next Millennium”. Journal of Business and Finance Vol. 1 No 3.
- Nnamocha, P.N. and F. Noyanim. Nwobi (2001) Share Prices as Indicator of Economic and Political stability” Journal of Business and Finance, Vol. 1 No 4.
- Nnamocha, P.N and O.R. Ike (2001), “A Critical Analysis of Micro Credit Scheme as a Strategy for Solving Unemployment Problems. The Nigerian Journal of Finance, NJF. Vol 1. No 2 ISSN 1595-5230.
- Nnamocha, P.N. and D. O Echeta. (2007)Economic Stabilization Policy and Economic Growth in Nigeria, 1981-2004. Journal of Economics and Business Sciences, Vol. 1. No. 4.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (2007) Stock Investment Selection Criteria: A Revisit of the Traditional Method. The Enterprise. Vol. 9 No 4.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (2008) Trends in Public Expenditure in Nigeria1970-2003. Policy Alert: Journal of Public Policy Analysis. Vol. 9 No 4
- Nnamocha, P.N. (2007) A Functional Analysis of Public Expenditure in Nigeria1970-2003: International Research Journal for Development.Vol.1 No 1.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (20012) Vienna Convention and Montreal Protection Ozone Layer Depletion: A Social-Economic Perspective International Journal of Emperical Research and Sustainable Development. Vol 7 No 7 June 2012
- Nnamocha, P.N (2009) Capital Expenditure and the Nigerian Economy 1970-2003. The Enterprise: International Research Journal for Development. Vol11. No 1.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (2007) Functional Analysis of the Recurrent Public Expenditure in Nigeria 1970-2003: Journal of Education Science and Technology, Vol. 2 No 1
- Nnamocha, P.N. and Echeta, D.O. (2009) Globalization and Food Crises: The Nigerian Experience. The Nigerian Journal of Energy and Environmental Economics Vol. 2 No 1.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (2008) The Spatial Variation of Price and Accessibility: A Case Study of Fast Foods in South-Eastern Nigeria. With Ezeanyika, S.E. Journal of Applied Economic Vol. 1. No 1.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (2009). A Framework for Convergence of Revenue Collection in Multi-Tax Development Economy. With Nigeria on Focus. Journal of Economics and Business Sciences. Vol. 1. no.5.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (2009) Government Spending and Revenue Generation in Nigeria. What is the Relationship? Journal of Economics and Business Sciences. Vol 1 No 5
- Nnamocha, P.N. (2010) Nigerian Investment Policy; The Need for a Revisit. Policy Alert: Journal of Public Policy Analysis Vol. 3 No1. With Zeph Abaenewe.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (2012) The Vienna Convention And Montreal Protocol On Ozone Layer Depletion: A Social Economic Perspective. International Journal of Empirical Research and Sustainable Development (IIERSD) Vol. 7 No 7, June 2012. Website: www.liersd-research.org with D.O Echeta.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (2010) Budget Performance in Human Capital development; Journal of Economics and Business Sciences Vol. 2 No 2 December 2010 with Echeta , D.O.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (2011) Dynamics of Fiscal Policy, Poverty Alleviation and The Nigerian Economy, International Journal of De-Commonwealth Research and Capacity Education Initiative (JDCRCEI) Vol. 1. No 2. October, 2011. With D.O. Echeta and Igwe, C.F.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (2012) Social-Economic Dimension of the KYOTO Protocol on Global Warming; A Social Perspective with International Institute for Empirical Research and Sustainable Development June 2012. With D.O. Echeta.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (2011) Reducing Environmental Pollution through Taxation, The Nigerian Journal of Energy and Environmental Economics Vol 5 No 4 December 2010 with Echeta, D.O
- Nnamocha P.N. (1996). “Nigerian Fiscal Federalism” in Ndoh, C.A. and C.E. Emezi (ed). Citizenship Education; Charismatic Forum Publications LTD. Pp 142-158.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (1995) Female fertility Rate and African Development” BEB Nwoke (ED) in Lifting The Burden of Women for National Development.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (1998) Budgeting and Entrepreneurship in Anaynwu Aham. (Ed). New Perspective to Entrepreneurial Development. ISBN 97632908-3-8.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (2001) Central Banking” in B.O. Osuka (Ed) Money and Banking: Theory and Evidence.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (2000) A Manual for Writing and Presentation of Thesis. ISBN 978-34443-9-0 Concept Publishers, Aba, Abia State.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (2001) Public Finance, Concepts, Principles and Theories. ISBN9783443-6-0, BON Associates HRDC, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (2002) An Introduction to Economic Theory: A Teaching and Learning Approach. ISBN 978-3443-7-7, Millennium Publishers, Owerri, Imo State.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (2002) Public Finance for a Developing Economy: The Nigerian Application. ISBN 9783443-7-7, BON Publishers Owerri, Imo State.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (2002) Basic Macroeconomics. ISBN 978-34443-9-5. Millennium Publishers, Onitsha, Nigeria.
Accepted for Publication
- Nnamocha P.N. (2012) Budgeting and Budgetary Control The Nigerian’s Perspective in Agugua A.E. and H.O.R. Ogwuru eds Economic Policy in Nigeria. The State of Steady Path Growth”
- Socio-Economic Dimension of KYOTO Protocol on Global Warming with Echeta, D.O.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (2012) Issues in Regulation and Public Sector Accounting in Nigeria.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (2012) Public Expenditure and Economic Development in Nigeria.
- Nnamocha, P.N. (2012) Public Sector Economics and Finance.
Conference and Workshops
- Nnamocha, P.N. Budget, Budgetary Control and monitoring paper presented in a workshop on time management for senior officers in Imo State Civil Service. October 14-16, 2006.
- Nnamocha, P.N. The artisan work-infrastructure and funding. The unserviceable work-infrastructure; auctioning, a monster, conduit pipe or a necessary evil. A workshop on maintenance culture in Imo State Judiciary.
- Nnamocha, P.N. A framework for convergence of revenue collection. Paper presented in the first Imo State Taxation stakeholder’s consultative forum Imo Concorde Hotel. March 4-6, 2008.
- Nnamocha, P.N. Civil Society Agency and the (under) development of rural communities in Nigeria: the challenges and prospects in contemporary Ezi-East Community’’ a paper delivered to the Ezinihitte L.G.A. people sponsored by Izu Ummunna, an Apex socio-cultural civil society group that is concerned with re-awakening development consciousness in the L.G.A.
- Nnamocha, P.N. The role of education in community development paper delivered to Amudi and Obizi people on Udi Day 2009 a cultural festival revival and youth focusing and development charting day, 30-31st December, 2009.
- Nnamocha, P.N. Regulation and Certified Public Accounting in Nigeria: What are the Issues? Paper delivered to the Institute of Public Accountants of Nigeria for 2011 Mandatory Continuing Professional Training, 7th-8th Sept, 2011at Owerri, Imo State.