Welcome to Faculty of Science Federal University Otuoke. This is a Faculty where science translates to knowledge and knowledge applied as reflected in our philosophy, mission, vision and values:
- Faculty of Science, Federal University Otuoke is committed to developing graduates with hands-on experience using contemporary curricula that will ensure students are able to think and proffer solutions in our complex and dynamic world: helping them grow and succeed in their chosen careers.
- To build scientists that impact their region, nation and the globe at large
- To build student-oriented teaching, learning and research environment that ignites passion for science, which translates discoveries to solutions, impacting lives.
- The success of our faculty, staff, students and alumni
- Fundamental, operational, applied and multidisciplinary research University –Industry-Ecosystem Partnerships.
Federal University Otuoke is one of the Federal Universities established in 2011 alongside other eleven, nationwide. The Institution commenced with two faculties one of which was Faculty of Science. The Faculty took-off with three departments namely Chemical Sciences, Biological Sciences and Mathematical Computer and Physical Sciences Department (MCP). Presently, the Faculty has seven departments: Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Computer Science & Informatics, Mathematics and Statistics, Microbiology and Physics. The Faculty plans to further increase the number of academic programmes.
- Department of Biology ( Dr. Okpo E. Onanaowei, Ag. HOD)
- Department of Biochemistry (Dr. Dennis Kpomah, Ag. HOD)
- Department of Chemistry (Dr. Olufunso O. Abosede, Ag. HOD)
- Department of Computer Science and Informatics ( Prof. Johnson Ohakwe, HOD)
- Department of Microbiology (Dr. (Mrs) Vivian I. Anyiam, Ag. HOD)
- Department of Physics – (Dr. Nnamdi N. Omehe, Ag. HOD)
- Department of Mathematics & Statistics (Dr. Stephen O. Ibe, Ag. HOD)