Dr. Mrs Jattoh Obehi Judith
Dr. Jattoh Obehi Judith, Principal Medical Officer (PMO), is Head of Unit, Medical Doctors Unit of the Health Services Department of the Federal University Otuoke (FUO). Dr. Jattoh attended the prestigious University of Benin, in the ancient city of Benin, where she earned MBBS Degree in 2008 and a Master’s Degree in Anatomy from the same University in 2021.
Dr. Jattoh is a member of the Nigeria Medical Association (NMA), Bayelsa State Chapter as well as a member of the National Association of Doctors in University Health Services (NADUHS).
Before joining FUO, Dr Jattoh worked as Medical Officer in the Health Centre/Medical Reception Station (MRS) in Command Secondary School, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State between 2009 and 2010. After completing her Youth Service, She worked briefly with Estate Specialist Clinic Warri and Capitol Hill Clinic, Warri, between 2010 and 2012 when she joined FUO as a Medical Officer.
Affable, humble, hardworking and an enthusiast, Dr. Jattoh, who attends to her patients with love and respect, hails from Esan North East Local Government Area of Edo State.
Functions of the Medical unit:
- Diagnosis and treatment of members of the University Community
- Minor and Sub major surgical operations
- General and routine medical screening of newly employed staff and admitted students to minimize the spread of communicable diseases.
- Inspection of hostels and cafeterias
- Counseling and health education of members of the University Community
- Health outreach to the host community
- Referral of critically ill patients who need expert and urgent medical care to a tertiary centre.