ENGR. PROFESSOR SAMUEL UCHECHUKWU EJEZIE.
HOD, CIVIL ENGINEERING
Engr Professor Samuel Uchechukwu EJEZIE is a renowned Professor of Civil and Geotechnical Engineering. Presently, he is the Head, Department of Civil Engineering, Federal University Otuoke.
He obtained his BSc degree from the University of Ibadan where he graduated as the best student in his set. Later, he attended Cornell University, Ithaca New York and Carnegie-Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, where he respectively earned his MS and PhD Degrees in Civil Engineering, with Geotechnical Engineering as his area of Specialisation.
Until recently, he was with the University of Port Harcourt, where he held the position of Distinguished Professor and Chair Occupant of Enoch George Professorial Chair in Geotechnical Engineering, as well as Director, Centre for Geotechnical and Coastal Engineering Research.
Earlier, Prof Ejezie held the following positions in academia, industry, and engineering profession:
- Head Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering University of Port Harcourt.
- Dean Faculty of Engineering University of Port Harcourt.
- Member, Governing Council University of Port Harcourt.
- Director, Institute for Engineering, Technology & Innovation Management, University of Port Harcourt.
- Vice-President Africa, and Board Member International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, (2009 – 2013).
- Council Member Nigerian Society of Engineers (2002-2016); and National Exco Member for 2015.
- Long-serving National Chairman Nigerian Institution of Geotechnical Engineers (NIGE) 2002-2016
- Senior Engineer II, GAI Consultants, Monroeville, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, 1983 – 1984.
- Principal Consultant/CEO, Geotech Engineering Associates Limited, Port Harcourt.
- Training Consultant, Shell Special Intensive Training Programme for University Graduates, Warri, (1999 – 2011).
Prof Samuel Ejezie is a COREN – Registered Civil/Geotechnical Engineer.
Fellow, Nigerian Society of Engineers.
Fellow, Nigerian Institution of Geotechnical Engineers.
Fellow, Nigerian Institution of Civil Engineers.
Member, International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering.
Member, Sigma Xi (The Scientific Research Society).
He has authored several papers for journals, edited conference proceedings, seminars, and workshops. He is well-known internationally in the field of Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering and has organized and participated in several international geotechnical Engineering conferences both here in Nigeria and in other parts of the world.
- RESEARCH INTEREST: Foundations of Civil Engineering Structures in difficult ground conditions,
Offshore Geotechnical Engineering, Soil Dynamics and Soil-Structure Interaction, Earth Structures and Embankments, and Reliability/Probabilistic Designs of Geotechnical Systems.